Fees charged by the Centre will always be the maximum allowed by the Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care Program. Subsidized parents/guardians are responsible for paying for any daily fees or absent days not covered by Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care’s Subsidy Program. Effective July 8, 2013 fees are as follows:
- Flat fee per day
- Flat fee per day
- In-service and School Holidays $20.80/Day
As per the Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care Program licensing standards, Growing Minds Child Care Centre charges the maximum allowable fees possible. This includes additional cost for use of extended hour care. Full time care is considered attendance of 4-10 hours. Any amount of time in attendance over 10 hours of care is considered extended hours and parents/guardians will be charged an additional $10.00 per child added to their invoice at the end of the billing period.
Fees are due at the beginning of each four (4) week billing period as outlined by the Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care Program. Invoices for reference purpose will be sent by email at the beginning of each billing period. Only one invoice per family will be issued. In the case of parents/guardians who share payment responsibilities, please arrange to have one parent/guardian only paying per account. Parents/guardians may pay the entire 4-week period or may choose bi-weekly payments. Please speak to the Director to make these arrangements.
- If full payment is not received by the expected due date, you will receive a notice indicating your payment is overdue. A $10.00 surcharge will apply to any payments not clearing your account.
- If you fail to make payment as arranged, care may be suspended on the first day of the following billing period. Fees in arrears not paid within 30 days of the end of the billing period will result in the immediate termination of services. Parents will be required to add their names to the provincial Online Child Care Registry for future openings.
- Growing Minds Child Care strives to ensure that your monthly invoice is accurate and distributed in a timely fashion. There are times when human error occurs and we ask that you bring any discrepancies in invoices to the immediate attention of the Director. The invoice will be reviewed and corrected within two business days. Although we aim to invoice all families correctly, in the event of error, parents/guardians are required to pay all correct amounts owing to the centre.
- An interest charge of 2% per month will be charged on all overdue accounts of families of children no longer attending the Centre.
Payments may be made by cash, cheque or email transfer. Parents/guardians paying their fees with cash must give their payments directly to a staff member. Parents/guardians must count their cash in front of the staff, ensure the staff documents the amount on the envelope and initials the envelope to indicate they have received the cash. Parents/guardians will initial next to the staff signature. Staff will issue you a receipt indicating receipt of a cash payment. The Centre will not be responsible for cash if the above procedures are not followed.
All unpaid accounts will be settled by a collection agency or small claims court. If your account is forwarded to a collection agency or small claims there will be an additional fee added to the amount to cover the cost of the court or collection agency fees.
Fees are payable in all cases of absenteeism, including illness and vacations as well as for all holidays observed by the Manitoba Early Learning and Child Care Program. The Centre will be closed on the following days:
- New Year’s Day
- Louis Riel Day
- Good Friday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- August Civic Holiday
- Labour Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Eve Day at 1:00 p.m
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year’s Eve Day at 1:00 p.m.
- **Plus any holidays as proclaimed by the Federal or Provincial Governments*
There is a charge of $10.00 for any N.S.F. cheques. Parents will be notified of returned cheques and are required to pay all charges in cash within two banking days of being returned. If cash is not received within this time, the weekly penalty (an additional $10.00) shall be assessed and the policy for overdue accounts will be instituted.
The Centre will provide an annual receipt that may be used for tax purposes by the end of January. There will be no charge for this receipt.
Parents/guardians are asked to fundraise on behalf of the centre in order to meet our operational costs. The Centre will offer fundraisers which will impose the least amount of burden on families. Parents/guardians may also make a one-time or monthly donation to the Centre. This donation can be added to your monthly invoice and can be arranged through the Director.